NCL & Regent Cruise Line Modify Cancellation Policies
In light of worldwide travel concerns due to the COVID-19, or better known, Coronavirus – cruise lines are starting to react.
Just in from our Cruise Planners “Home Office” – both Norwegian Cruise Line and Regent Cruise Line have modified their reservation cancellation and modification policies.
While only two cruise lines have so far publicly announced, we believe most will follow suit with similar announcements.
- Guests will now be allowed to change names on reservations up to 45-days prior to sailing. This includes all guests in the stateroom, with exception to guests who have made flight arrangements through NCL and/or purchased travel protection.
- All sailings prior to August 1st, 2020 will now have a 90-day final payment schedule. This applies to all reservations, all ships, all dates, all staterooms.
- Up until 60-days prior to sailing, NCL will allow guests to change their reservation to any other cruise sailing through June 30, 2020. Penalties in excess of original price paid will be waived.
- Cruise was original $4000; Guests are within 50% penalty ($2000). If they move to another sailing of $4000 or more, all fees are waived. Guest is responsible for paying any difference in sailing cost.
- Cruise was originally $4000; Guests are within 50% penalty ($2000). If they move to another sailing worth $2000, NCL will leave penalty on reservation.
- Cruise was originally $4000; Guests are within 50% penalty ($2000). If they move to another sailing worth $1000, NCL will leave penalty on reservation and refund the excess balance ($1000).
All sailings, for the next 30-days will be eligible for deferring final payment period to 60-days prior to sailing.
Want to go on vacation?
We recommend Cruise Planners, a certified travel agency. Booking travel worldwide including ocean cruises, river cruises, guided land tours, Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 561-705-0899 today!